by Fray D Jay, José Ramon & Tony Justerini
MIXING MIXES AND LIVING TO TELL THE TALE!
Can a beat co-habit with the beatless?
Are the tricky time signatures of prog giants such as Yes able to companionably share a slab with the drifting undertones of the likes of Aes Dana?
Well, here is your chance to decide such weighty matters (!) for yourself as the “Combo Mix” team fielded by Justerini United tenders their joint effort for your delight/disinterest/disdain to be pitted against the immense talents gathered under the banner of the Bishop - Master Anatoly Brooks.
To call the Justerini United effort “eclectic” would seem to be a whopping understatement! I’m not sure Seattle’s grunge intellectuals Kinski, more used to being paired on an album with the likes of Japanese psychedelic noiseniks, Acid Mother’s Temple, ever contemplated sharing platter space with the likes of Marillion and Toto.
Or, indeed, vice versa.
But, then music is nothing if not diverse and good music is simply good music, able to sit comfortably with any style, feel and sentiment with which it may be surrounded.
So here’s a little bit of everything for you, from the yelp and angular rhythms of Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, through the epic sound voyages of Yes in full flight, to the aching beauty of the closing track by Janita Salomé, tendered in thirty minute segments by, respectively, Fray D. Jay, Jose Ramon (.jrmusic) and the Cardinal himself, Master Tony Justerini.
Listen without prejudice. Let the music flow around you and …. Enjoy!
Fray D Jay :
01. Hundred Year Storm – Pilot’s Last Broadcast;
02. Aes Dana – Summerlands (07.10);
03. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah – Details of theWar (12.45);
04. Sounds From the Ground – Moving In (15.50);
05. Kinski – Newport (21.08);
06. I Am Kloot – The Same Deep Water As Me (26.00);
07. And Now For Something Completely Different (29.56);
José Ramon :
08. Platypus - Standing in line (30.02);
09. Marillion - This is the 21st Century (33.09);
10. Magellan – Jacko (37.19);
11. Toto - Jake to the bone (41.42);
12. Tale - The rose garden (48.43);
13. Yes - Turn of the Century (52.23)
14. The Knife - Still Light (1.00.00)
15. Laura Mura - Rehla w Cello (01.03.00)
16. Laurie Anderson - Walking and Falling (01.07.10)
17. Postdata - Lazarus (01.08.20)
18. M83 - The Highest Journey (01.12.20)
19. Banda do Casaco - Salvé Maravilha II (01.19.40)
20. Hothouse Flowers - Your Nature (01.21.30)
21. Janita Salomé - Os Homens do Largo (01.26.20)